Northwest Observer | Northwest Guilford County, NC
Advanced Search






home : community news : community news September 30, 2014


1/15/2013 1:08:00 PM
HVAC malfunction leads to fire scare at NWHS
Some classes interrupted for about an hour
A malfunctioning HVAC unit led to a fire scare at Northwest Guilford High School on Tuesday morning.
+ click to enlarge
A malfunctioning HVAC unit led to a fire scare at Northwest Guilford High School on Tuesday morning.

A few classes were briefly interrupted at Northwest Guilford High School on Tuesday morning after smoke was noticed in a portion of the school.

At around 10:45 a.m., smoke was observed in one section of the school, forcing a partial evacuation. About one quarter of classes were interrupted for one hour, while students in other parts of the campus continued on with classes as normal.

The cause of the smoke was from a small fire in an external HVAC unit due to a malfunction. The damage was confined to the unit. After an investigation, the Oak Ridge Fire Department ventilated the residual smoke and smell and students were returned to class.






Article Comment Submission Form
Please feel free to submit your comments.

Article comments are not posted immediately to the Web site. Each submission must be approved by the Web site editor, who may edit content for appropriateness. There may be a delay of 24-48 hours for any submission while the web site editor reviews and approves it.

Note: All information on this form is required. Your telephone number is for our use only, and will not be attached to your comment.
Submit an Article Comment
First Name:
Required
Last Name:
Required
Telephone:
Required
Email:
Required
Comment:
Required
Passcode:
Required
Anti-SPAM Passcode Click here to see a new mix of characters.
This is an anti-SPAM device. It is not case sensitive.
   




ADVERTISE | ABOUT US | CONTACT US
Northwest Observer PO Box 268 Oak Ridge, North Carolina 27310
Software © 1998-2014 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved